Ribbon Cables of the Highest Quality and Lowest Prices
Custom Wire Industries manufactures a variety of electrical wire and cable assemblies, including flat ribbon cables. Ribbon cable is frequently used in computer assembly, consisting of several wires running parallel to each other on a flat plane. This cable assembly can be manufactured to your exact specifications, using any quantity, color or type of wires.
We can create ribbon cables using color coding to differentiate the function of wires. This allows technicians to identify precisely which wire serves what function, and which way the cable should be attached to its socket. It's one more way our ribbon cables can be custom-matched to your specifications. Our solid manufacturing foundation is the backbone to customizing our assemblies to your unique input and desires.
Common Uses for Ribbon Cables
Ribbon cables are designed to take up as little amount of space as possible, making them ideal for when you need to make many connections without having a mess of tangled wires. These cables can also lay flat, making them easy to run under carpeting.
Some common applications for ribbon cables include, but are not limited to:
- Car LCD Panels – small television monitors, often between 4 to 12 inches wide, used inside most automobiles
- Data/Communications Equipment – also known as DCE, data communications equipment include modems and other types of telecommunications devices
- Industrial Equipment – ribbon cables used in equipment for every industry
- CD Drives – a device connected by a ribbon cable which digitally reads compact discs
- Hard Drives – a high-capacity, self-contained storage device containing a mechanism plus one or more hard discs, inside a sealed unit
- DVD Players – A DVD player is a device that plays discs produced under both video and audio technical standards
- Printers – a device which accepts text and graphics output from a computer and transfers the information to paper
- LCD TV Panels – liquid crystal television displays (LCDs) use ribbon cables and cathode ray tubes for a clearer picture and thinner design
- Robotics – ribbon cables for the robotics industry
- Instrumentation Equipment – cables and wires used for musical instruments and sound equipment
- Medical Equipment – ribbon cables used for surgical equipment in the medical industry
- Gaming Equipment – cable and wire assemblies for gaming and entertainment
Electromechanical Cable Manufacturers Set Standard for Quality
Custom Wire Industries has been in the wire and cable industry for almost 40 years. In this time, we've learned what it takes to become a world-class manufacturer of flat cables, wire harnesses, electromechanical devices and much more. As a UL and CSA certified company, our staff of over 100 people is dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service and product quality.
As a world-class manufacturer of cable assemblies, we produce positive results for each of our clients. You can count on Custom Wire Industries for top quality services at the best prices for all of your electrical component needs, including power cable assemblies, control panels, computer interface cables, and custom tooling.